Social Media Trends of 2017
March 11th, 2017
Social Media Trends to look out for! As every business will know, social media has become an integrated part of daily life and is necessary in…
< WordPress for Websites & the Importance of Updates />
Today we are looking at WordPress and the benefits of this platform when investing in a website build. In addition we will look at the importance of keeping your WordPress website fully up to date.
What are the benefits of WordPress?
1. It’s really easy to use! WordPress offers a comprehensive yet straightforward content management system. This means that once your site has been built, you will have the ability to easily upload blogs, images and add new pages.
2. WordPress is browser-based which means you can login on any computer, on any device, anywhere.
3. Search engines and in particular Google, love WordPress sites. Because the code used is clean and simple, Google can easily index the content of a site. Perfect for SEO, users have the opportunity to optimise individual pages with metadata and more.
And yet there’s more…
4. You remain in full control of your website. It belongs to you and changes can be made quickly and easily. Please remember to backup though!
5. Your website is completely customisable. You will likely have specific branding and a particular image in mind for your website. That’s no problem for WordPress.
But that’s not all…..
6. There is a built in blog! This can also be fully customised alongside the addition of email subscriptions and the ability to comment.
7. WordPress allows for so much additional functionality! Integrate social media feeds, a calendar, video gallery and even more. There really is no end to the options available.
8. WordPress allows for multiple users. It’s really easy to setup specific logins and access for numerous team members.
My new WordPress website has launched. What now?
So many companies fall down when it comes to marketing. Granted, this blog isn’t based upon the topic of marketing but there’s always room for a mention! It’s a common misconception that upon launch, customers will come flooding in. If it was that easy, we would all be millionaires! It’s at this point you need to determine the best strategy to suit your business. Content, social media, blogging, SEO and PPC are all great channels to investigate and of course, something we can help you with.
Does WordPress roll out Updates?
Yes, absolutely and often. With each new version WordPress will makes slight adjustments to ensure the best user experience possible.
So do I need to stay Updated?
Of course! Not only do the latest updates fix any pre-existing bugs they enhance security and performance also. By keeping up to date your website avoids any vulnerabilities in present and historical versions.
Because WordPress remains the most popular CMS currently available, hackers enjoy the challenge. If successful, they can harm not just one but multiple websites at any given time. Should hackers gain entry they could potentially deface your website and cause damage within SEO efforts.
How do I Update WordPress?
That’s easy – allow us. Yes, you could do this yourself, but do you have the knowledge and ability to fix anything that potentially goes wrong once the update is complete? Have you backed up your website in the first instance? As experienced developers, we know and understand exactly what to do and will keep your site safe and secure at all times.
WordPress remains sought after and we remain experts. To discuss how we can keep you safe and up to date, speak with our experts today.
Helen writes on subjects such as SEO, PPC, Social Media, Web Design and Digital Marketing as a whole. Her 13 years of industry experience means her content is of the highest quality and reputable.